Since we just did a big trip at the end of last year/beginning of this year, we will not be doing any big trips this summer. Instead my husband and I decided that we would focus on experiences that the kids haven't had yet.
So here is our list of fun experiences we plan to have this summer:
1) Plant a veggie garden. This was on last year's list but I only really tried to plant 1 veggie and it wasn't a huge success so we are trying this again this year. And I am glad to report that we are already off to a good start. Here are some pictures of the kids and I starting our garden:
|* Everyone got a chance to participate!|
3) Fruit picking. This is starting to become a summer tradition for our family and we hope to continue it this year.
4) Go to the movie theaters to enjoy summer movie deals. We had done this once with the 3 older kids 2 summer's ago, hope to do it again including E4 this time! Check them out here. There could be a movie theater near you that is participating and this year the list of movies are pretty good.
5) Go visit a factory (probably Herr's or Hershey).
6) Go to a free concert at a nearby park. Kids have never really experienced a real concert so this would be a good start without spending any money.
7) Go to Central Park in NYC. We go to visit John's parents in NYC but never really enjoyed Central Park with the kids before, so we want to do that this year.
8) Go to a Drive-In Movie. This would be a first not only for the kids but for us parents as well.
9) Go to see the Liberty Bell. Considering the fact that we live only 30 minutes from Philly, we think the kids should really see it at least once.
10) Go to the beach. Would love to do this at least 1 time this year.
11) Go to Cape May Zoo. This is a free zoo that we went to last year and we all really enjoyed it, would love to do it again. See the post here.
12) Go to a traditional ice-cream shop. What I have in mind is some place that is not a chain.
Does your family have a summer bucket list? Would love to hear what is on your list!