Saturday, December 8, 2012

Favorite things #8

Before marriage my husband and I were quite the movie buffs, we have hundreds of DVDs to prove that. But now that we have 4 kids it isn't always easy to have the time to watch a movie. If we still have enough energy after the kids are all in bed, we would pop in a movie and try to get through the whole thing without interruption.

Now we watch more kiddie movies and one of my favorites is Disney Pixar's "Up". How could you not get teared up by the first 5 minute montage of Carl and Ellie's life together? It gets me every time I see it.
Image taken from collegefashion.net

What is your favorite kiddie movie?

Zi

5 comments:

  1. I was totally crying when I first saw that scene in "Up" in the theater. & I had to hide it from the kids, because I don't think they really understood why that scene was so heartbreaking, and I didn't want them figure it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad the first time I watched the movie it was just with my husband because tears were just streaming down my face, would have been difficult to hide from the kids!

      Delete
  2. The first minutes of this film made me cry too! And I was pregnant with J at the time, so the hormones were crazy too. Nevertheless, great movie from start to finish! I guess my favorite kiddie movies are Toy Story, Bug's Life, and Wall-E. All the Pixar greats! Oh, and Shrek too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, all the Pixar ones are great! Toy Story 3 was really well done, I teared up during the last part of that too.

      Delete
    2. Toy Story 3, oh my gosh, I remember that scene! Balling!

      Delete