Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Update On Quad E's Costumes

Just wanted to give everyone an update on Quad E's costumes since the last time I posted, I hadn't made any of them yet. I finally found time to make the toadstool hats for the girls and E1's elephant costume after some research of the best way to attach a trunk, just in time to go to Boo at the Zoo.

*E1 ended up really liking the toadstool hat so he decided to put in on and pose for this picture with E3.

I had decided to attach a mask of sorts to the top half of the grey hoodie and have holes cut out for eyes and the trunk attached. Seemed like a good idea to me and actually turned out pretty well. Unfortunately, E1 found it scary. He was scared of his own costume, oh boy!

* Couldn't even get E1 to leave the costume on long enough for me to take a picture, so I had to put it on E3 for pictures.

I tried to get E2 and E3 to put the costume on, in hopes that E1 will see that they are unafraid and maybe he would feel the same. But it didn't work. Let me tell you, I was really disappointed at first since I had spent so much time on the costume and now he wouldn't wear it. When he looked at E2 and E3 in their toadstool costumes, he decided he wanted to be a toadstool too! We planned to go to Boo at the Zoo that day and I really wanted them to go in costume, so what was a mother to do? I decided to rush and make E1 and also E4 toadstool hats so they could all go in coordinated costumes.

* E4 in his toadstool hat, SO cute!

Later in the day, we figured out that the main reason E1 was afraid of his costume was the mask part, so I asked him if he would be willing to wear the costume if I took  the mask out. He nodded yes. And said he wanted to be a mouse instead since without the mask and only the ears attached to the hood, the costume looked more like a mouse. He got really excited about being a mouse, since he was born in the year of the mouse based on the Chinese zodiac.

So this year, I learned a good lesson of being flexible and showing unconditional love as a mother.

After I had finished the toadstool hat for E1, I asked him if he knew why I was willing to rush and make a new costume for him. When he said no, I explained to him it was because I loved him and gave him a hug. It was a good moment in parenthood, a real Treat!

I hope this Halloween brings some sweet treats for you as well!

Zi


2 comments:

  1. Awesome job with the mask for the elephant costume. But even better job being so flexible and a whiz at the costume-making. Two hats last minute???? And a hug from E1. Priceless! Hope you enjoyed Boo at the Zoo! After we tried 2 stores, and I hemmed up J's costume (since it was a 4-yr old's), J didn't want to wear it this morning. However, I did find out that he wore it for his daycare parade, and even wore it twice after that for a photo :). Happy Mommy! I will post those pics to IG and Facebook later tonight. Or tmr ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see pictures of J in his costume! I'm guessing he will be wearing that costume again if not for Halloween then definitely for playing dress up =)

      Delete