Teacher Appreciation week is May 6-10 this year and I've been brainstorming gift ideas for H's teachers. She has 3 teachers in her classroom (2 main teachers and one that helps out in different classes as needed) I always run into the dilemma on what's an appropriate and considerate gift for the teachers. Do I give the main teacher a "nicer" gift since she does all the planning etc. or do I give all three teachers the same? Fortunately H's school has a list of the teachers favorites (Ex: food, treats, stores, etc.) so that helps me out a bit. I don't really remember giving my teachers gifts, maybe with an exception when asked to chip in for a special gift. As I searched for some inspiration I found some cute expressions and gift ideas.
1. You deserve an extra Payday - with a Payday candy bar
2. Your teaching is right on target- with Target gift card
3. You are o'fish'ally the best! - with Goldfish crackers or Swedish fish
4. Shooting for brownie points- with brownies or box of brownies
5. You are a 'Fanta'stic teacher - with a bottle of Fanta
6. We 'flippin' love you! - with spatula & pancake or cookie mix
7. We are fortunate to have you - takeout box with fortune cookies
8. I'm so lucky to have you as my teacher - with lottery ticket
9. We need S'more teachers like you - with S'mores kit
10. Here's a 'pat' on the back for doing such a great job! - with gift certificate for a massage
From all those great inspirations I came up with this for H's teachers: Thanks a latte for making me one smart cookie! I'm sure you can figure it out, I'll post the final product next week so stay tuned.
Do you give gifts to your kid's teacher(s)?
If you're a teacher what kind of gifts do you enjoy getting?
Which is your favorite quote/gift?
Thanks for reading!