Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Favorite thing #11

With the holidays rolling around there seem to be even more temptation for sweets. At the workplace there's always a plate of cookies on a counter somewhere. Fortunately as a stay at home mom I don't need to worry unless I put it there myself. I've got a sweet tooth and I love me some good dessert, again fortunately my husband is not a huge dessert person. He rather munch on snacks.

For me my all time favorite dessert is..... cheesecake, Mmmmmm!
I'm not picky any slice will do. Plain or decadent, like the ones at The Cheesecake Factory. I never know which to pick from their menu, but I must say their White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle is a good choice.
Image from The Cheesecake Factory
I have a few good cheesecake recipes that I tend to make for parties, like the Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake I shared in a previous post. You've got to use the real stuff (1/3 fat cream cheese is ok). You can't cut too many corners to make it low calorie, it's just not the same.

What is your favorite dessert? Do you have a good cheesecake recipe to share? 

Eva

8 comments:

  1. Yummy, I love most desserts. I won't turn them down. :) My favorite is ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're my kind of girl MommyMandi :) Love ice cream too. I just bought some coconut gelato from the grocery store, can't wait to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like a good cheesecake too though I hardly ever order it because I love ice cream like Mandi and anything sweet and salty. At restaurants, I like to give those "interesting" desserts a try, you know like the ones at "ethnic" restaurants. I also like to eat home made cookies :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. You are an adventurous dessert eater :P OK I'm definitely having some ice cream after dinner tonight haha
    I plan on baking some homemade Christmas cookies next week so stop on by :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so tempting me to drive up there ;)!

      Delete